Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 3, 2018

Welcome 2018

I keep this blog primarily as a personal website for my work as an author, but don't think of myself as a blogger. That probably explains why I'm discovering today that I haven't posted a single blog in 2017. The good news is, I've written a great deal in the interim and will have a new poetry book out in February. Follow my blog by email and you'll get updated when that happens. I'm also heading to the San Francisco Writers Conference over Presidents Day weekend and I urge any fellow writers to check it out at sfwriters.org. Opportunities abound, either as an attendee, at one of the extra classes available to non-attendees, or at free events open to the public.

It's been a difficult year for me working hard to recover my home and my life from the ravages of depression. In August of 2016, around the time of my last post, I had a parathyroidectomy to remove a hyperactive parathyroid gland that was responsible for a whole host of symptoms that ultimately had me contemplating which cliff to drive off. I am fortunate in that my depression had a clear cause and a ready cure. But it took time to restore the damage it caused. My family and my home are in reasonably good shape now and I am beginning to feel ambitious for my writing and motivated to change the world again. I hope you'll enjoy the fruit of my renewed productivity.

Many blessings to you in the new year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk back. I'm a mom. I can handle it.