Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Quick Tip: Garlic Oil

If the thought of spraying pesticides on your kids all summer is as repugnant to you as it is to me, then try this alternative to keep the insects at bay. Once a day garlic oil supplements make you taste bad to the little biters. The effect is cumulative so it may take a few days to be effective. If you start smelling like garlic to everybody, it may be time to back it off to every other day.

Odorless garlic supplements don't seem to be as effective as basic garlic oil. They're not as cheap either. This strategy is particularly effective with mosquitos and fleas, though I haven't seen any bites at all since we started this spring.

The little ones are reluctant to take pills, and I don't force them, but an itchy hide eventually motivates them.

If only there were such an easy, healthy solution to smearing chemical laden sunblock on them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk back. I'm a mom. I can handle it.