Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Under Where?

After ten years of trial and error, I finally heard the words of affirmation I had been looking for, "I really like these underwear honey!" YES! I did it! I found a brand/style combination he liked! When we were first married he had no clue.

Now I can shop for his underwear with the same ease I buy milk. No more standing in front of displays of mens undergarments wondering if he would prefer the breeziness of boxers or the stability of briefs. No more pondering the merits of tag-less comfort soft waistbands versus a classic sturdy utility waistband. Thank God they don't have low-rise, mid-rise, and high-rise options too.

It's not like he would willingly express to me his feelings on the merits of each feature. He's a man. It's just not gonna happen. He once told me to, "just buy what you want to see me in Honey." Ewwwww! There's a reason there's not a massive industry devoted to seasonally changing men's lingerie. Women just don't respond to visual stimulation the way men do. A man's underwear has a job to do and it works hard. He wears it until the skid marks are permanent and the holes are so big his equipment is falling out.

Fortunately, once a man has decided on something he considers a staple, you just have to buy the same thing for the rest of his life. Manufacturers know this. That's why the same briefs are still available today that my great grandfather wore. My mother goes in and out of the men's department without even slowing her steps. Now, it's my turn!

There's just one little problem. My husband came shopping with me recently, and underwear for him was on my list. We walked into the aisle and HE didn't know what kind he likes!

Where was this on the estate planning list of things you should write down for your loved ones left behind! He might be left alone some day, brought to tears every time he thinks of me, reminded hourly by the sensation of the wrong underwear riding up on him. Or worse, hoarding those last dozen pairs like a crack addict who knows he'll never find anything as good ever again. That is until he finally breaks down and brings his last holey undergarment into the store, pleading with the unfortunate clerk to help him decipher the remnants of an impossibly faded tag.

For my husband, in the event I precede you in death. You like Froot of the Loom tag-less comfort soft waistband boxer briefs in shades of blue better than shades of grey.

Now I'm concerned. What else do I need to put on that estate planning list?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk back. I'm a mom. I can handle it.